STEPS Elite is the premier girls lacrosse club in New Jersey!
STEPS Elite Ranked as the #1 club in the country by USClubLax.com!
Our record, our coaches, and college placement show our commitment to success.
The STEPS Elite team program is designed to foster the development of the highly competitive, dedicated player.
The STEPS Elite Team Program will field teams from rising 3rd graders to rising seniors. The number of teams and composition will be decided following tryouts.
TRAVEL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- The STEPS Elite staff is comprised of state and nationally honored coaches.
- Exposure to the nation’s best lacrosse colleges and universities.
- Entrance into 4/5 nationally recognized tournaments.
- Opportunity to play with the top area players will make all players more competitive.
- Opportunity to play against the best players from all over the country.
- STEPS ELITE is the first girls club program sponsored by NIKE.
- Nike custom uniforms.
- Collegiate recruitment support services.
- 20-22 indoor training sessions with your STEPS Elite Team.
- 10-12 outdoor summer training sessions with all teams at the same time at one site.
Off the field, we strive to give back. STEPS Elite has raised over $700,000 for the fight against breast cancer. Lax For The Cure, which was founded by Jessica and Charlie Shoulberg of STEPS Lacrosse has raised
3 MILLION DOLLARS! In just two years, STEPS has raised over $120,000 for the One Love Foundation through Live Love Lax tour.
STEPS Elite enters the most competitive tournaments in order to gain exposure for the collegiate bound player. We pride ourselves on placing our players in the nation’s best collegiate lacrosse programs.
STEPS Elite Commitments & Alumni: (Click image for a full list)
STEPS Elite recruiting directors, Charlie Shoulberg and Mike Walsh, have developed long standing relationships with the top college coaches in the country. The recruiting landscape is changing yearly – we are here to help guide you through the process.
COLLEGIATE COMMITMENTS AND ALUMNI:
Class of 2017 # of commits = 29
Class of 2018 # of commits = 20
Class of 2019 # of commits = 23
Class of 2020 # of commits = 25
Total # of commits and STEPS Alumni that have gone on to play college lacrosse = 380
Our history of placement at the nation’s top schools is unrivaled.
Why is STEPS the premier club for exposure and placement?
*17 years of integrity based relationships with top college programs.
*Recent legislation now makes our existing relationships with college coaches even more important in the process.*
*Collegiate recruiting seminars and Individualized Family Meetings for every player and her family with collegiate recruiting coordinator Mike Walsh.
*SportsRecruits.com free membership as member of STEPS.
STEPS Lacrosse owns/operates 5 of the best exposure events in the country:
- Lax for the Cure Summer – over 200 College Coaches every year
- Live Love Lax – 200+ college coaches in 2019
- Nike G8 Club Invitational – only four fields, 120 college coaches, only the top teams in the nation
- Lax for the Cure Fall – 210 College Coaches in attendance in fall 2018
- Nike XPO Lacrosse – top college coaches on staff–three different events during the year
STEPS Elite Honors:
- #5 Ranked club in country by US Club Lacrosse in 2019, top ranked NJ program
- 5 UnderArmour All America Senior Game Participants in last three years!
- In 2019 alone, STEPS trained and developed:
- 8 US Lacrosse All Americans
- 7 US Lacrosse Academic Americans
- 10 NJ.Com – Star Ledger All State Players
- 33 Players Recognized as All – Group
- STEPS Alumni that have played on Team USA: 3
- 129: All-Americans
- 212: Academic All-Americans.
- 180: All-State players.
- 520: All-Conference, All-Group, or All-County honors.
- 23: Star-Ledger, Daily Record, Bergen Record, Conference Player of the Year honors.
- 15: Number of times STEPS Lacrosse coaches have won Coach of the Year honors.
- $120,000+: Amount of money raised by STEPS for the One Love Foundation
- $700,000+: Amount of money STEPS Elite has raised for the fight against breast cancer in 8 years
- $2,800,000: Amount of money Lax For The Cure, founded by Jessica and Charlie Shoulberg of STEPS Lacrosse has raised.